20 mayo 2016

My First Tattoo

Hallo!

I've been thinking for a while that I should start writing in English, because it would help me in my studies, so here I am again! If I make mistakes, do not hesitate to tell me :)


So, today's post is about the most exciting and craziest thing I've done during my Erasmus... I got a tattoo! My first tattoo ever, actually. However, it's not like English' tattoos from Magaluf or a stupidity like that. I thought about it and its meaning a lot even before I came to Germany.

I love tattoos with meanings, and I've always wanted one which had a special sense for me (family, friends, etc.) When I arrived in Konstanz, I immediately fell in love with the city, the lake, and Imperia, although the weather is shit very different and gloomy. My friends felt the same way about the town, so one day we said that we had to have a tattoo related to Konstanz or Germany in general. We thought about a word written with phonetic transcription (the four of us are studying English Degree, btw), but we declined the idea. We were taking Phonetics I at uni and we decided to drop it, because the level was very high for us. Phonetics I is Phonetics I, for Thor's sake.

Never mind. I proposed to tattoo Konstanz skyline with a little Imperia on it. Miriam, Carlota, and Celia loved the idea, but we realized that the skyline of this city is plane and simple. But I don't worry; I wish one day I'll get the Toronto skyline :3 Then, I loved the idea of getting Luftmensch, but a friend of Miriam told me it's a weird and not nice German expression...

My friends and I were on that point where you need a tattoo, but you are not sure about the design; we just knew that our tattoo had to be connected to Germany. Finally, Miriam got Wir Sind Alle Freaks (from American Horror Story: Freak Show), and Celia tattooed the world very colourfully, but these are another stories.

Regarding my tattoo, I chose the alchemical symbol for air, which is related to inspire, expire, and spirit, and I wrote the word "air" in German (Luft) on the horizontal lane. Besides the meaning that the symbol has already, this tattoo reminds me that, even though I stress out easily, I always have to relax and breathe. Uni is like hell sometimes.

I don't know who I am. I don't know who I want to be. But I consider myself an "air person"; easygoing, imaginative, and tractable. I daydream all the time, always thinking about words, music, and cinema; therefore, I believe getting Luft is like defining myself.


I want to know if you have a tattoo with a special meaning, or if you got one during your Erasmus. If not, it'd be cool to know if you'd get a tattoo one day or not. I want your opinions! :)

Tschüss!





2 comentarios:

  1. Sorry if my english is not good xD
    ¡Oh my! It's really cute your tattoo. I know I might never get one (never say never...) I don't know, I think that have to mean a lot to me to get a tattoo. And maybe I'll never get that special meaning soo... I prefer to get a tattoo that can desapear in a while. I mean a tattoo is like... forever and ever in your skin. Get a tattoo because you like flowers (for example) it's not special.
    Sooo I might not get a tattoo soon, but I like yours a lot ^-^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so, so much!! I really appreciate your opinion *-*

      I'd love to get one of those tattoos that can be removed, too! Maybe I would tattoo a huge skull on my back hahaha just kidding :)

      Again, thank you!

      I hope to read from you soon~~

      Eliminar